Niantic with the latest update made compatible the iOS version Pokemon GO with the Apple Watch smart device. With the new Apple Watch support you don’t have to always hold in your hands your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you will get notifications of the nearby pokemons and you can control several features from the watch.
According to the update page you can do the following things in the game with the Apple Watch:
- Log each play session as a workout, with gameplay counting toward personal Activity rings
- Receive notifications about nearby Pokémon
- Count distance toward hatching Pokémon Eggs and receiving Candy with your Buddy Pokémon
- Receive notifications about PokéStops nearby and collect items from them
- Receive notifications when Eggs hatch and medals are awarded
If you have an Apple Watch for your Apple device you can try it already.